Notice of Election
- An election is to be held for a Member to serve in Parliament for the St Ives Constituency.
- Nomination papers can only be submitted in person between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm on any day after the date of this notice, but not later than 4 pm on Thursday 14 November 2019 to the following locations on the specified dates:-
12 November to the Deputy Acting Returning Officer, Room 1.06, Cornwall Council, St Johns Hall, Penzance, TR18 2QR.
13 and 14 November to the Deputy Acting Returning Officer, Members Room, Cornwall Council, St Austell Information Service, 39 Penwinnick Road, St Austell PL25 5DR.
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the Deputy Acting Returning Officer at Cornwall Council, St Austell Information Service, 39 Penwinnick Road, St Austell PL25 5DR, during normal office hours, who, upon request, will prepare for signature a nomination paper.
- The candidate must deposit £500.00 with the Deputy Acting Returning Officer for the nomination to be valid. The deposit can be paid by bankers draft (made payable to County Fund), debit/credit card or legal tender.
- If the election is contested, the poll will be held on Thursday, 12 December 2019.
- Applications to register to vote at this election close Midnight on Tuesday 26 November 2019. www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- Electors and their proxies should note that:
Applications to vote by post or to vary or cancel existing postal or proxy voting arrangements must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5.00pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019 if they are to be effective for this election.
Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5.00pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019, except in cases where unforeseen illness, incapacity, occupation, service or employment occurs after that time, in which case applications may be received by no later than 5.00pm on Thursday 12 December 2019.
All applications and notices regarding absent voting must reach the appropriate Electoral Registration Officer* by the relevant deadline if they are to be effective for this election.
- Cornwall Council area: Room 11, St Austell Information Service, 39 Penwinnick Road, St Austell PL25 5DR.
- Council of the Isles of Scilly area: The Old Wesleyan Chapel, Garrison Lane, St Mary’s, Isles of Scilly, TR21 0JD.