PERRANUTHNOE PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer Vacancy
Part-time – 16-18 hours per week
Salary – SCP 18 to 28 pro rata dependent on qualifications and experience
Perranuthnoe Parish Council seeks a part-time Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer (RFO). Duties will include:
- Attending meetings on the third Monday of each month plus the Annual Parish meeting and any further meetings required;
- The preparation of meeting agendas and taking accurate minutes of Parish Council Meetings;
- Keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoices, payment of accounts, dealing with statutory pension requirements and HMRC payments/wages etc;
- Taking action on resolutions passed by the Council;
- Administering Parish Council events and projects;
- Management and administration of the Council’s contracts;
- Management of assets and insurances;
- Setting the councils budget, financial account preparation and liaison with auditors;
- Liaise with Chairman between meetings.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons, although training will be offered and enthusiasm to learn will be an attractive quality. The Clerk/RFO will be responsible for the administration of the business and finances of the council.
The Clerk/RFO will be an employee of the Council and remuneration will be for 16-18 hours per week. The salary scale is in accordance with NALC recommendations for Part Time Clerks/RFOs. The precise starting point for the successful candidate will depend on level of qualifications and experience.
Perranuthnoe is a parish in the West Penwith Community Network Area, with a population of circa 2500.
The Council’s precept for 2019/20 is £37023 The Parish Council consists of ten Councillors plus the Parish Clerk.
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 3rd April
Please click on the links below for further information and to apply
- Covering Letter
- Job Description and Person Specification
- Application form
- Council’s Privacy Notice
- Council’s Safeguarding Policy
- A map of the parish