Monday 8th January 2018

Item 1 Apologies for absence:

Cllrs Strawson, Leo & Scobie

Item 2: Public Speaking Period:

No member of the public spoke

Item 3 Plans and Planning Matters

a. PA17/06470. Demolition of existing barns and construction of two bungalows (previously approved PA16/08505). Land N of Red Lane Farm, Perran Downs Lane, Perran Downs, Goldsithney. Mrs. H. Mason. The Parish Council noted that it had previously supported in principle conversion of existing barns which were subsequently given approval but no approval has been given for demolition. The Parish Council position is that they wished to retain the buildings and have them used sympathetically. Red Lane farm is an important landmark in Rosudgeon and it and its surroundings require sympathetic protection. Although there is no amended D+A statement the plans appear to have been amended to remove the second storey but the layout and amenity are deficient for two dwellings. Conversion to one dwelling would be preferable. No evidence has been put forward as to why the existing buildings require to be demolished and therefore the Parish Council should retain its original objection. If the barns do require demolition due to structural instability they should be replaced by a single storey bungalow. It was proposed by Cllr Jago to oppose the application on the grounds that (a) the preservation of barns is important as they are a key element of the character of this part of Red Lane/Perran Downs Lane and no evidence has been provided to justify their demolition (b) the proposal represents overdevelopment of the site with the two dwellings having too limited amenities and (d) would have an adverse impact on the environment with increased traffic flows at an important junction. The Parish Council would favour the conversion of the barns to a single bungalow for family occupation but it if proved necessary to demolish the barns a single storey bungalow of similar design built in stone/granite and character/sympathetic to the existing farm would be appropriate. This was seconded by Cllr Tremelling and carried unanimously, but with the rider (“Cllr Nicholas’ Rider”) that Cllr Nicholas supports the motion on the basis of the information now available but reserving the right to change her decision at a later date if further information comes to light.

b. PA17/10948. Double storey extension to rear of property including a Juliet balcony and glass walkway. An-O-Las, West End, Goldsithney. Mr. B. Tunnicliffe. The Parish Council noted that the World heritage site have raised concerns that the proposals do not conserve or enhance the existing character of the dwelling. It was proposed by Cllr Tremelling that the application be opposed on the basis that the parish Council supports the objection of the World Heritage Site already posted. The Parish Council requests that the applicant reconsiders the design to make it more sympathetic to the existing house. This was seconded by Cllr Groves and carried unanimously, subject to Cllr Nicholas’ Rider.

c. Any others received by the time of the meeting on 8th January 2018

d. PA17/12058. Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval (PA17/02294) in respect of provision of access adjacent Perran Barton, boundary treatments, layout and scale of proposed dwelling including landscape works. Perran Barton, Perran Downs, Goldsithney. Mr. Bryan Rescorla. As the Clerk had only received notification of this application on 5th January and had been unable to circulate details until the date of the meeting (because the Cornwall Council website had been inaccessible over the weekend), it was fwelt that the Parish Council could not properly deal with it and that the Clerk should strongly request an extension of time to allow the application to be dealt with at the February meeting.

It was noted that the following planning permissions had been granted:

a. PA17/10177. Mr. & Mrs. I. Hart. Menavaur, Nanturras Way, Goldsithney. No-material amendment following grant of planning permission PA16/11882 for the relocation of rear velux roof light and rear cladding to be lowered to floor level.

b. PA17/10705. Mr. & Mrs. Allain. 8 Chiverton Way, Rosudgeon. Art Studio extension.

And that the following planning application had been withdrawn

PA17/04257. Mr. M. Somers. Longthornes, Gears Lane, Goldsithney. Demolition of existing stable block and construction of sustainable dwelling house and associated works.

Item 4

4a Councillors Reports:

Councillor Nicholas’ Report. Cllr Nicholas reported:

  • The speed visors along the main road at Rosudgeon had been taken down and that she was now waiting for Highways’ analysis of the information gained from them.
  • The Double Yellow Lines maps went back to Highways in December. The consultation process will be under way shortly.
  • The Settlement Boundary plans have been concluded. Cllr Nicholas proposed that these plans now be posted on the website. This was seconded by Cllr Moore and carried unanimously.

4b) Other Councillors’ reports

Cllr Groves reported:

  • On the danger posed by the fencing that had been taken down and laid flat at the two laybys near Perran Cross Roads. She felt these could find their way onto the main road and cause an accident
  • The parking chaos in Perranuthnoe on Saturday 6th January, caused by indiscriminate parking. Cllr Nicholas advised that, as to Double Yellow Lines, residents would shortly be able to have their say and that, where obstructions were being caused, the only course of action was to dial 999.
  • On ground works done without permission at Polkinghorne Shaft. Cllr Nicholas reported that this matter was in the hands of Enforcement.

Cllr Griffiths enquired as to what the position was with cars parked on the road bearing “for sale” notices. Unless they were on a Clearway (e.g. Henfor Roundabout area) nothing could be done if they were taxed and insured.

Cllr Tremelling reported:

  • The playground sign was now in position.
  • Mr. Glover’s report did not mention again the rust on the swing, which was now in urgent need of attention. The clerk was instructed to write to the Parish handyman and ask that the work be done this month, failing which the Parish Council would have to look for someone else to do the work.

4c) Neighbourhood Plan

Cllr Moore reported that Cllr Strawson had received approval from the Locality Team for the grant. Once the Letter of Approval was received, the Parish Council could issue letters of appointment to Consultants.

Item 5 Minutes of the last meeting:

It was proposed by Cllr Jago and seconded by Cllr Groves that the Minutes of the Meeting held on 11th December 2017 be signed. This was unanimously approved.

Item 6 Matters brought forward from last meeting:

a. Caravan at Trenow. Cllr Nicholas reported on her contacts with Enforcement over this matter, on which she will be following up shortly.

b. Dog bins. Cllr Nicholas reported that she had now received maps for her Division, showing where all the bins were. She has yet to print these off, but when she has, she will circulate them.

c. Plastic waste. Cllr Tremelling read out some statistics concerning plastic waste and expressed the wish that the Parish become a “plastic free” area, with many initiatives being possible. Cllr Moore suggested that the Parish Council investigates how the Parish could be made a “plastic free” parish. This was then proposed by Cllr Tremelling and second by Cllr Groves, after which it was carried unanimously. Cllr Nicholas said that this could also be included in the Neighbourhood Plan.

d. Website. Cllr Nicholas confirmed that she had spoken to a web designer she knew. She will ask him to provide proposals, as will Cllr Tremelling of his contact. He will also contact Mr. Smart about having access to the Parish Council website.

e. Hall Hire charges. This was deferred to Confidential matters.

Item 7 Date of next meeting:

Monday 12th February 2018 in Perranuthnoe Church Room at 1915 hours

Item 8 Correspondence, telephone calls and other reports:

a. Receive and approve Vaughan Glover’s playground reports for December 2017. These were noted and approved, subject to the matter of the rust on the swings yet to be dealt with

b. West Penwith Community Network Panel. The clerk reported that the next meeting was on 18th January. Cllr Nicholas said that the Police and Crime Commissioner would be in attendance.

c. Cornwall Council. Nothing to report

Item 9 Footpaths & Rights of Way:

Cllr Griffiths had nothing to report

Item 10 To receive advance notice of items for the next meeting’s Agenda:

Plastic waste

Item 11 Financial & Confidential Matters:

a. Receive and approve Bank Reconciliation Statement. As the Bank Statements had yet to be received, the clerk reported that there was no Bank Reconciliation to approve.

b. Approve for payment items listed on the schedule. The clerk outlined the problem that had arisen following the approval of the grant to Goldsithney Mother and Toddler Group at the last meeting. As the Group did not have its own bank account the cheque would have it be made payable to the lady who ran the Group. The clerk outlined the steps he had taken to mitigate any risk, which he thought minimal in this instance. It was then proposed by Cllr Nicholas that all the items be passed for payment. This was seconded by Cllr Moore and carried by 5 votes in favour with 1 abstention.

Payments Schedule

  • 1. St. Piran’s & St. Michael’s Parochial Church Council. S. 137 grant, minute 8b of 11th December 2017. £100.00
  • 2. Mother and Toddler Group. S. 137 grant, minute 8e of 11th December 2017. £400.00
  • 3. Vaughan Glover. Playground reports. £85.00
  • 4. Clerk’s salary for December
  • 5. Payroll Direct. Invoice for PAYE and NI work. £31.83
  • 6. Multesign Systems UK Ltd. Playground sign. £28.50

 

The Meeting closed at 20.54 hours