20 September 2021 PPC Minutes

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PERRANUTHNOE PARISH COUNCIL

Held at St Pirans Hall Goldsithney Monday 20th September 2021,1900 hrs

Councillors Present: Cllrs. S Nicholas (Chair) A. Collins, G. Griffiths, J. Jago, C. Pascoe & P. Linton.

Visitors Present:  Joanna Titchell

Apologies for absence: Cllr D Sharp & Cllr S Rodgers (holidays) Cllr C Leo & Cllr R Greenwood Penny (working)

Chair Sue Nicholls opened the meeting at 7pm and welcomed everyone

 

20 Minute public speaking period – Joanna Titchell spoke regarding caravans at Boat Cove Lane.

Perranuthnoe Ward councillors to have a look at the area.

Approval of minutes from meeting held on 23rd August 2021

These were proposed, seconded, and carried unanimously.

Planning Applications and Relevant matters

PA21/08565 Proposal Loft conversion and extension with the inclusion of a balcony on the south and east elevation Location The Plantation Grove Lane Perran Downs Goldsithney Applicant Gary And Theresa Pallet

It was proposed, seconded and all in agreement that Perranuthnoe Parish Council has no objection in principal to this application with the following conditions.

The outline of the proposed application should be in red and the outline of the remaining land should be in blue

‘The Plantation’ has protected tree status. The Tree Officer should review to make sure there is no trees lost including roots.

The Design & Access statement does not reflect that it is in a World Heritage Site area

Perranuthnoe Parish Council has a concern there is a lack of planning notices given to the neighbours and also on display in Grove Lane

Ms Titchell left the meeting at 19.20

The following planning permissions were noted as being granted.

PA21/05093 APPROVED Applicant: Mr. Peter Williams Location: Nanturras Workshops Access To Nanturras Farm Nanturras Goldsithney TR20 9HE Proposed demolition of poultry units and construction of beehive units for industrial, commercial and storage uses

PA21/05629 APPROVED Applicant: Mr. Krys Holubecki Location: Trevean Farmhouse Trevean Farm Trevean Lane Rosudgeon Penzance Proposal: Demolition of existing barns and construction of dwelling without compliance with condition 2 relating to decision notice PA20/01771

PA21/05872 APPROVED Applicant: Mr. And Mrs. Ridley Location: Sycamore House Fore Street Goldsithney TR20 9LQ Proposal: Demolition of a stone out-building within owners’ garden, Replacement 2 bed annexe with holiday usage.

PA20/09120 APPROVED Applicant: Mr. D And J Button Location: Land East Of Seafields Dola Lane Rosudgeon Penzance Cornwall Proposal: Construction of two detached dwelling houses

The following planning permissions were noted as being refused              

PA21/03369 REFUSED Applicant: Mr. John Tither Location: Land Adj To Rylands Grove Lane Perran Downs Goldsithney Penzance Proposal Construction of a three-bedroom dwelling with associated garden and amenities

To Note other planning related matters.

PA21/06425 – Permission in Principle for up to 2 dwellings – At Land NW Lamara, Lancamshire Lane, Rosudgeon

Following a 5-day notice and discussion with the planning Officer PPC have opted for option 3: Having made strong planning reasons to maintain our original position on the proposal against our recommendation, it is requested that the application is determined by the Planning Committee

PA21/02280/PREAPP Closed – advice given Applicant: Mr. And Mrs. Roynon Location: Access Track To Treetops Perran Downs Goldsithney Penzance Proposal: Exception notice to fell two dead Sweet Chestnut trees.

Clerks Report

Damage to slide in play area was reported to clerk and repaired within 48 hrs.

Code of Conduct Training for Councillors 16/11/21 – Cllrs Collins & Pascoe booked on training session

New Outdoor Gym Equipment – Inspections. It was proposed seconded and all in agreement that Vaughan Glover to inspect the new gym equipment weekly with a monthly report using official Proludic Inspection lists.

Chairman’s Report

1)            The Chair informed the Council that the Community Link Officer West Penwith who works closely with PPC had been taken ill and hospitalised and was currently on sick leave.

2)            Chairman was concerned of the lack of attendance at Parish meetings by the Cornwall Councillor

3)            Update on Traffic Management Plan for Goldsithney & Perranuthnoe currently with the Design team. However, she would try and get a further update this week as to when it would go out to public consultation and activated.

4)            The Chairman was not happy that she had received reports that trees in Nanturras had been cut down she had referred this to the tree and planning officers.

5)            Steve Coe of the Parish Hall Committee had informed the Chairman that he was keen to plant bulbs in certain areas within the Parish.

County Cllrs Report    No report received

Cllrs Reports

Cllr Jago. – Raised the issue of two dead oak trees at the entrance to the Avenue he felt they could potentially hinder traffic.

Cllr Griffiths – Declared an interest in the RBL Poppy Appeal and left the room.

It was then discussed amongst the Council what amount to grant to the RBL Poppy Appeal

It was proposed seconded and all in agreement to make a grant £300 to the RBL Poppy Appeal

Cllr Griffiths re-joined the meeting he then informed the meeting he had received correspondence from Mt Kevin Chesters reference wanting to place a memorial bench at Trenow Cove in memory of his mother.  Clerk to enquire with the NT to see if this was feasible.

Cllr. Collins – Asked whether he could take a copy and place the minutes in the Perranuthnoe Notice Board following each meeting. Clerk was very grateful for this and would issue Cllr Collins with a key in order to do this. Cllr Collins raised the issue of a permanent Bus Shelter at the bus stop in Perranuthnoe, clarification and update to be given at October meeting.

Footpath No. 10925 Trebarvah to Perran via Ednovean lower corner

Project/issues updates:

Multi Use Goal Area at St Pirans Hall – The clerk had been informed that installation would either take place week commencing 29th September or 6th October 2021

CCTV – St Pirans Hall Quotes for CCTV had been received by the Hall committee approximately £3500. It was discussed that PPC would contribute towards the cost of installing CCTV. Chair of St Pirans Hall Committee Andy Moore had submitted a grant application for Police funding totalling £2200. Councillors would like to see copies of quotes Clerk to follow up and obtain them. Outcome of grant would be known on 30/9/21

Status of PPC NDP –The NDP Steering Group held a meeting with the Chairman and Clerk on 14th September 2021 to give an update and current status of the NDP

Members of the steering group and Chair of PPC are meeting in St Pirans Hall with landowners and LA Associates on the 22nd September 2021 reference NDP LGS

Traffic Issues in Perranuthnoe Cllr Linton raised the issue of traffic in Perranuthnoe some residents had suggested a 20-mile speed limit and chicanes and that traffic could be restricted/ persuaded from entering the village. A discussion then took place on the impact and implementations of various methods. It was highlighted that the proposed plan from the villagers was already at the design stage with the Highways Department and that they would have the opportunity to make comments when it goes out to public consultation. The councillors suggested that the Chair & Clerk should meet with the land owners re carparking to establish what their future plans entails.

PPC Notice Boards looking tired and could be replaced Councillors to look around and see what options are available.

PPC Website needs updating Cllr Linton to work with Clerk to achieve this on 22/9/21

Cemetery Gates need repainting refer to next meeting.

Correspondence, telephone calls and other rep

Grant Application from Goldsithney Lights Committee.

Email Grant application from Perranuthnoe Christmas Lights & Festivities Group

It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that grants applications be awarded to Goldsithney and Perranuthnoe Christmas Lights.

Footpaths and Rights of Way

Date of next meeting– Monday 18th October 2021 at 7pm to be held at the Church Room in  Perranuthnoe

Advance notice of items for agenda. Councillors to forward any items to the Clerk in advance of the meeting agenda being prepared but to include

  • Perranuthnoe Car park & Toilets Income & Expenditure

Financial & Confidential Matters

The Meeting closed at 21.58